Friday, May 2, 2014

Watch Bundle of Joy (1956) Online

Bundle of Joy (1956)Bundle of Joy (1956)iMDB Rating: 6.1
Date Released : 12 December 1956
Genre : Comedy, Musical
Stars : Eddie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, Adolphe Menjou, Tommy Noonan. Kitschy musical remake of "Bachelor Mother". Debbie Reynolds plays an over-eager clerk in a large department store and Eddie Fisher plays the boss' son. After getting fired from her job, she finds an adorable baby on the steps of the foundling home and the folks inside mistake her for the mother. Fisher, well-meaning, but obtuse, tries to help her out with the baby, and the buds of romance begin ..." />
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 700 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

Kitschy musical remake of "Bachelor Mother". Debbie Reynolds plays an over-eager clerk in a large department store and Eddie Fisher plays the boss' son. After getting fired from her job, she finds an adorable baby on the steps of the foundling home and the folks inside mistake her for the mother. Fisher, well-meaning, but obtuse, tries to help her out with the baby, and the buds of romance begin to appear. Meanwhile old Merlin, the owner of the store, thinks he just might be a grandfather...

Watch Bundle of Joy Trailer :

Review :

BACHELOR MOTHER is the better version...

BUNDLE OF JOY

I was excited to watch this remake of BACHELOR MOTHER. I loved the story and hoped it would be just as appealing with Debbie Reynolds as the star. Debbie did a great job with what she had, especially in the scenes with the adorable baby, but her real life husband Eddie Fisher lacked the charisma and maturity to capture my attention. I found myself comparing him to David Niven from the original movie and easily one of the most charismatic actors ever in my opinion. Fisher not only paled in comparison, but also came across as a boy and certainly not a man even in his musical numbers. He does have a spectacular singing voice. I'll give him that. I absolutely adore Adolphe Menjou particularly from YOU WERE NEVER LOVELIER, POLLYANNA, & LITTLE MISS MARKER. I thought he did a fine job in the supporting cast.

Even if I had seen this version first, then I think I would have felt the same about it as it just came off as rather mediocre entertainment. If you love these actors, then you may disagree, but I found the original screenplay and film to be the real bundle of joy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment