Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Streaming The Toughest Man Alive Online

The Toughest Man Alive (1955)The Toughest Man Alive (1955)iMDB Rating: 6.0
Date Released : 16 November 1955
Genre : Crime, Drama
Stars : Dane Clark, Lita Milan, Anthony Caruso, Ross Elliott." />
Movie Quality : HDrip
Format : MKV
Size : 700 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

Watch The Toughest Man Alive Trailer :

Review :

Top Notch - Likely Lost

Saw this film on first Run in '55 at the age of twelve and for some odd reason its been with me ever since. Something to do I suspect, with setting a mark to shoot for. Simple film really and not all that different except for action and intensity, from other crime-thrillers of its time, and the only reason I'm commenting at all (my only such BTW) is that I can't bear its entry remaining completely unremarked.

Memory wanes, but surely B/W, 1:33 to 1, and no names beyond Clark & Caruso. Clark's the undercover agent sent to bust up BadGuy Yankee gun-runners in Latin America. Clark joins the mob & bulls it out till his number's up, something about a girl, big climax at the docks (HUGE FIGHT). Plenty of fistfights, gunplay, and I swear... at twelve I thought Dane Clark really WAS the toughest man alive... short, like me, but takin' nuthin' from nobody.

Caruso delivers his best Mob-Boss persona, Clark was never tougher-yet-sympathetic, even frequently sporting a pet spider-monkey which gambols lovingly about his shoulder.

Never to my knowledge on TV, Cable, Disc, or Tape, and most likely a "Lost Film". Odds are overwhelming it will never resurface. Saw a few 16mm reels of it for sale on Ebay some time back, but didn't seem worth the effort. Evidently I'm not the only one with a significant interest in this crime thriller, judging from the number of requests for it lodged with firms who specialize in locating & providing otherwise unavailable titles for the home-video market. In their professional opinion, as of this writing, no copies are known to exist.

Pity is, it ranks (in memory of course) as among the best of the 'tough-undercover-guy battles wicked-criminals' genre produced during the decade. I think maybe its impact even got me through a few tough scrapes of my own.

But, unfortunately, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment